Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

html vs flash

This is actually my first go at making a site entirely out of Flash, and I found it to be a lot easier than I anticipated. Normally, I would have just added some Flash elements into a HTML/CSS designed site, mostly because that is what I have always done. I had never really liked the idea of making a whole site with Flash, on the off chance that someone was using a browser or a device that could not view Flash. Even today with the technology we have, there are still quite a few devices that are still not compatible. We have a little bit further to go, and once we are there, I will have no problem making sites completely out of Flash, but until there, HTML and CSS it is!

3 comments:

  1. Spiffy, all the tools have there place, it is at what expense we are prepared to step into the edge. What is the timelime?

    You must have quite a collection of art...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand why you nornmally added some Flash elements into your sites, it seems like overkill to have an entire site in Flash; then again that is the direction we are headed in. Flash is good though. I enjoyed using it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I would rather not make a 100% flash website! For the same reason as you Shawna, not everyone's going to be able to view it. The other issue is efficiency, I believe the flash files can be quite large.

    ReplyDelete